Thursday, 12 May 2011

I'll be going to sleep happy tonight :D



Today was great even though it was my day to not look after bubby and have done so for all but one feed which is only stink as he suggested us having two nights on and two nights off for night feeds and do every second day for feeds. Maybe he can do some parts of it tomorrow (fingers crossed). .

HIGHLIGHT!! I met up with a new friend and her lil cutie! So that was great comparing everything and finding that we had a lot in common and were experiencing similar things! So that's always nice for a new mum aye? :)

Also we're trying a super strict routine for the lil button at the moment.

Goes roughly like this:
Back to one dream feed 5 hours after going to bed. Gets up at 6 for an hour, awake again at 10, 3, and lastly 7 for his playtime, bath and feed. So far he's been going down quite nicely during the day but just the time he goes back down (around 8pm) he'll wake 30-60 minutes later. Once it was to finish his feed as he decided to go straight to sleep after less than half of a normal feed! Wouldn't wake. Glad it humored me though!! :D

I'm also asked well what if he wakes up earlier? My partner and I agreed that if he woke say 30 minutes before we'd hoped for then we might try the dummy but if it seems that he's had enough sleep we just get him out and he has a huge play. With feeding we still do it at the same time give or take 10 minutes so he'll start to get a hunger around the same time.

In saying this it's dumb. .  they say it's sometimes a good idea to have a loose routine in place but soon he might be teething. .  and solids and gahhh always changing? Although this is definitely helping our (greatly my) sanity at this stage so hey. What works for you, and lil babe, works right? If not I guess it's onto 'plan N' (I'd say that's what I'm up to.. plan B was just SO long ago haha. .  funnily enough I had no idea I'd have to try another 15 things!)

Yay!

So trying that for two weeks and then we'll review it to see if we can just chill it a bit/let it work for itself. Also! For these whole next two weeks I'll be still taking my motillium (hadn't for the last week as I'd run out), my lactation drops and attempting to eat like I'm pregnant all over again. I've only just learnt what "kilojoules" and "calories" actually are.  When I grocery shopped this morning it took me almost twice as long because now I have a crazy interest in everything with what energy/calories I get from a recommended serving. (Although I had 5 'recommended' servings of sour cream tonight! :O)

I find it very cool and so I'll roughly monitor what I take in during the day because I believe if I focus on it really hard and make it a big deal then it'll help with my milk production. .  I think my lack of eating (next to nothing most days, maybe just dinner but sometimes not even that) is what kick started the decrease! Thankfully I'm heavier than what I was pre-pregnancy so yay and happiness all around and all over!!

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment