Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Blunt as.

Things I have learnt.

Babies, well you work around them not the other way around. Especially those early days. Try fight it but they resist harder and smirk in their sleep!

Starting this whole journey. .  with 3 days of no sleep. Not good for your health. I can't imagine if I'd lost any more!

Broken sleep does NOT count as sleep.
This has been my latest sleeping er. .  gains?

No more than 4 hours of sleep for 2/3 of the time
           - Only 1.5 - 2 hour sleeps: first month
           - 4-6hour sleeps for 2 weeks tops
           - back to 3 - 5 hours broken sleep: 6 weeks


I know that a lot of mums I've talked to feel the same feeling as I do when I glance over to my partner and see him in sleepy land having the time of his life! Soon he shall know the wrath of the night feed :P

The start you really are on your own (not aaaactually) even with your mum and whoever else you have helping. .  There will be numerous times where you are just at home. You and bubby. What's worse maybe is if you have SO much help, one moment there may not be any when you need it. .  then it hits you.

My day is all over the show. And rather repetitive.
While having to cook dinner for the mum and dad (that's us!) and do the washing, look after a dog amongst it, clean up, wash, settle the baby, hang out, try shower, settle again, make dinner, prepare feeds, doctors visits, put away washing, post up trademe auctions to make money, package and address them, oh settle the baby, grab the barking dog because he's seen a cat for the millionth time oh and resettle the baby AGAIN since hes now woken up from the barking, clean bottles, give baby gaviscon, do groceries. . . . . . . . ! AUGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is give me a freaking break. .  someone, please?! :(

Sorry -- cracked nipples, engorgement, no sleep, sex attempts of sorts (hard to explain), do almost everything around the house not to mention the whole process of pregnancy. . and let's not get started on having to get the poor thing out of me -- just a bit intense aye? :S

2 comments:

  1. hmmm sounds alot like logan!i get told alot "but at least you get to stay home!!"im sorry that you have a 8 hour shift where you get scheduled breaks, while im still going well after the girls are asleep!! annoying much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I find the most work gets done when everyone's asleep, night time sleep that is so I end up getting more tired and more grumpy for staying up but it would be a dump drop off by now if I didn't!

    ReplyDelete